Introducing the 2015 Blizzard
A new class of fat bike.
With suspension-specific design, agile trail-bike geometry, and a truly capable parts spec, the Blizzard delivers legendary Rocky Mountain ride quality on snow, sand, and anything else you get yourself into. Ride out the storm!
Ride Tuned Concept
The overall goal was simple: create a true “mountain bike” feeling fat bike for fun in soft conditions.
It was no easy task to design a frame that clears the huge 4.7” tires while maintaining the playful geometry that Rocky Mountain is legendary for. With a suspension-corrected 68.5° head tube angle, neutral chainstays, and shorter-than-average top tube, we were able to make this goal a reality.
Our signature FORM ™ aluminum was applied from the Vertex for rugged, lightweight construction.
- Full-width 4.7” tires provide optimized traction and stability across snow, sand, and soft trails.
- Agile geometry keeps the Blizzard feeling like a true mountain bike.
- Strapless Frame Bag (sold separately) designed specifically for the Blizzard by Porcelain Rocket keeps your gear safe and dry with water resistant fabric and waterproof zippers. Main compartment for jacket or food, with expandable pocket for tools and other items.
- Rock Shox Bluto RL suspension fork with 100mm of travel and a 15x150mm thru-axle.
- Two Anything Cage™ mounts and extra bosses allow additional custom frame bag options.
- Custom Race Face 24T narrow-wide single ring and bashguard features drive-side offset for optimal shifting performance while maximizing climbing ability. Allows for easy 2x conversion.
- Front derailleur mount.
- Sealed bearing 6-pawl heavy duty freehub handles increased torque in soft conditions.
- Internally routed full length housing.
- Stealth-dropper compatible.
Full specs, geometry, and pricing to come.