Research & Development Engineer
Contact » Monique Rodrigue
Rocky Mountain Bicycles is looking for a full-time employee to work in our R&D Department in North Vancouver, BC. The position requires being an avid mountain biker who understands manufacturing techniques and design for manufacturing. The job will include assisting in all aspects of designing bike frames.
He or she must be able to communicate effectively, be proficient in 3D modeling and generating 2D drawings, and be able to work urgently as part of a tight knit, fast paced team. In short, we’re looking for a motivated, useful person to help us make great things happen.
Rocky Mountain Bicycles has been designing, developing, and perfecting mountain bikes in and around the North Shore of Vancouver, British Columbia since 1981. Its diverse terrain is an ideal proving ground for all types of riding. As riders ourselves, we strive to build the best bikes in the world. From epic adventures to EWS racing, Rocky Mountain bikes are designed for people who Love the Ride
The R&D Engineer is responsible for supporting the R&D team across many platforms.
Reporting to the R&D Director, your main responsibilities will be:
- Supporting all aspects of designing bike frames, which includes designing ancillary items and developing hardware for frames
- Working closely with the R&D team, product managers, operations, marketing, and suppliers
- Supporting manufacturing and maintaining documentation
- Supporting customer facing documentation
- Working on suspension design and simulation (FEA)
- Supporting research projects
- The position is based in the North Vancouver office, but occasional foreign travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5 years minimum of work experience
- 3 years minimum of design engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling (software: Pro Engineer / Creo)
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, and One Drive
- Passion for bikes, good listening skills, and determination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional, ethical and organised
- Available to travel
- Sense of urgency and able to work as part of a fast paced, creative team.
- Bike industry experience
- Knowledge of mountain bike parts compatibility, and working proficiency of mechanic work
- 3D CAD surfacing experience
- Composites manufacturing experience.
What we are offering
- A diverse North-American team, working hard to put the best bikes on the market
- Work in a dynamic and inspiring environment in full speed evolution
- Access to a collective insurance plan and a pension plan
- Privilege of best prices on our bikes and merchandise
If this sounds interesting and you like working in a fast paced and exciting environment where your contributions make a difference, then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com